Sunday 25 December 2011

My Delightful Flight Home

 Although I was insanely sad to leave South Africa I was ready to go home.  More than ready.  I was in a tizzy with anticipation to see my family again and be back in good old New England.  Unfortunately Africa had other plans. 






You may have heard that after being on planes for already over 10 hours, my plane sat on the tarmack of the airport in Dakar, Senegal for four hours before the pilot had to inform us that our plane was indeed broken and a new one has being sent up from South Africa- an eight hour flight!  So they unloaded all the passengers on this massive plane, along with all our luggage and sent us to a Hotel to stay at until a new plane could come.  I handled this set back better than anyone expected partly due to the fact that we were put at a hotel next to the ocean with a really nice pool.  It not a bad stay except for the fact that no one knew when we were leaving and i had no currency and was dieing of thirst towards the end of the day. 







I don't need to go into the rest of the journeys details (i will say it took me like 48 hours to get back home!), instead i'll just say that it was another african adventure, my last one of my trip abroad!  I'm very, very happy to be home, but i will miss South Africa and hope to return!

No comments:

Post a Comment